Monday, November 21, 2011

I Want to be a Scientific Dawg

Well, hello there! Its been ages since I've updated this blog, and as I'm waiting for a classmate at the coffee shop I figured why not take a few minutes to update! Honestly, haven't been up to an entire much.  I'm a pretty regular person, and for someone my age I'm simply going to school while juggling two part-time jobs.  However, this is actually quite a different experience for me because I've never held a part-time job while simultaneously going to school at the post-secondary level--and even in high school, I didn't work as many hours and the workload is no where near as intense.  But I love it this way--it really gets me to exercise time management skills along with a wide array of other skills.  As consumed as I am w/ school and work, I still take time on the weekends to do other things that I like.  Whether it's going out for dinner with friends, playing sports or taking time for leisure reading, it all contributes to a healthy balance.


All of that aside, the Big Diesel's "Shaq Uncut" was released earlier this week (have not gotten a copy, but will do so once this semester ends), and in the book he makes it pretty clear that despite the differences between him and Kobe he simply can't take away Kobe's work ethic:


"Kobe is a scientific dawg," O'Neal wrote. "He works out every day, practices every day. Most of the other stars are just dawgs, not scientific dawgs. Kobe will always have the edge because of his range and killer instinct. LeBron has the killer instinct, but he can't shoot like Kobe can."


I couldn't agree more.  I've been a Kobe Bryant fan since I was 12 and he's been my favourite ever since.  He's accomplished a lot: Five NBA titles, two Finals MVP, a regular season MVP, an Olympic Gold medal, all-star selections, All NBA First-Team, and All NBA Defensive selections--the resume goes on and on.


As much as I admire him for everything he's accomplished, he's not my favourite because of his all-star selections, game-winners or sportscentre highlights.  He's my favourite for the simple fact that he's the hardest working pro in the NBA.  I don't know Kobe personally, but he's still someone that I draw inspiration from and consider a role model from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment